- Calling all responsible students! It’s time to prepare yourself for the working world! In Mr. Petty’s class, some of us will have jobs from time to time. These jobs are designed to teach you responsibility and accountability. The jobs will rotate randomly throughout the semester. Everyone shall have performed at least one job by the end of the year.
- You will help Mr. Petty identify who is missing from class that day. Once you have identified who is missing, your job is to report it to Mr. Petty and complete a Missing Work Form for that student. This should be completed AFTER you have finished the Warm-Up for the day.
- If Mr. Petty needs anything written on the board during class, it’s your job to get it done. This job is not for everyone. You must have big, clean handwriting for all students to be able to see and read.
- In addition, you will also clean the whiteboards when they need to be.
- If any questions come up during class that Mr. Petty does not know the answer to, you will be in charge of researching the answer. Once you have identified the answer, you will then report to the class your findings and answer any further questions your classmates may still have.
- Mr. Petty needs tech-savvy students in his class. We will be using chromebooks daily, and there will be many students who will need help using them. Your job is to help students troubleshoot any technical problems they have using their chromebook in class.
- From time to time, Mr. Petty will have a handout to pass out to the class or papers that need to be returned to their owners. Your job is to pass out and collect all papers in class.
- Over the course of the year, supplies get messy or run out. Your job is to keep all supplies (scissors, colored pencils, extra pencils, pencil sharpener, tape dispenser, and stapler are neat and in working order at all times.
Clean Up Crew
- Some lessons are messier than others. Your job is to ensure the cleanliness of Mr. Petty’s classroom before class is dismissed each day. That includes picking up any trash that may be on the floor and straightening rows/groups of desks.